WAKUI MUSEUM CARS
Experience the pride and joy of being an owner of a legendary vintage car
Wakui Museum is celebrating its 12th anniversary this year (2020).
In order to proceed to the next stage, we, though small in scale, have decided to transition to a new exhibition style with concrete themes.
It is our utmost pleasure to continue to offer you a place where you can touch and feel the priceless treasures of automobile culture, the Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars, and the impressive stories associated with them.
Theme 1 The Best Car in the World
Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, history’s first “Best Car in the World”. We recently welcomed a pre-World War I model, the most beloved by Rolls-Royce fans, to our museum. The three Rolls-Royce cars are lined up here, together with the museum’s star “Archer” and U.S. model.
- 1914 Rolls-Royce 40/50HP Silver Ghost
- 1919 Rolls-Royce 40/50HP Silver Ghost Alpine Eagle (“Archer”)
- 1925 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost “Prince of Whales” by Le Baron
Theme 2 “The World’s Finest Cars”
The pre-World World II Rolls-Royce Phantom cars that fortified their foundation as “The Best Car in the World” are exhibited here.
- 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental D.H.C. by Carlton
- 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental Sport Saloon by Thrupp & Maberly
- 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom III Hooper Sedanca de Ville by Hooper
Theme 3 Walter Owen (W.O.) Bentley and the Bentley Boys
Bentley cars from the early stages produced directly by the founder W.O. Bentley. The fascination with the sporting spirit is showcased by the footprint of the Bentley Boys.
- 1921 Bentley 3 Litre Tourer by Gairn
- 1927 4½Litre “Old Mother Gun” (1928 Le Mans winning car)
- 4½Litre Blower
Theme 4 Bentley car masterpieces in late 20th century
Recently joined 1955 Bentley R Type Continental and the models categorized with its pedigree are displayed. Check the masterpieces that continue to inspire the modern Bentley cars.
- 1955 Bentley R-Type Continental Sports Saloon by H. J. Mulliner
- 1953 Bentley R type D.H.C. by Graber
Theme 5 Jiro Shirasu and Shigeru Yoshida
Wakui Museum’s two iconic vintage cars, Jiro Shirasu’s Bentley car and a former Prime Minister Shigeru Yoshida’s Rolls-Royce car, are displayed.
- 1924 Bentley 3-Litre Speed Model
- 1936 Rolls-Royce 25/30 HP Sports Saloon by Hooper